Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 in 2012: Sandy Relief Challenge - Day 48 - And Good News!

Miles to run as of beginning of Monday, 12/24: 42.11

Miles run on 12/24: 4.5

'Twas the night before Christmas...actually 'twas the night before the night before Christmas when I finally caught up with my Sandy Challenge blog updates. I should have run that morning, and meant to sleep for only a little bit between finishing and getting up early to get my miles in, since we had to drive to San Antonio later in the morning.

But of course "a little bit" turned into too long, so before I knew it we had to be up and preparing for the drive. Fortunately for me, we made the drive in record time, so arrived in San Antonio with just enough time for me to get a short run in before heading to my aunt's house for Christmas Eve festivities. I did the usual loop through my grandparents' neighborhood 5 or 6 times for a total of 4.5 miles. Not quite the daily 5.5, but pretty good, all things considered.

Also, thanks to a retweet by my tri coach Brian and two Christmas Eve donations, my fundraising goal was met! Thanks so much to everyone who donated. The page is open until the end of the month, when my challenge ends, so I'll continue to post updates and provide the link.

Miles to run as of beginning of Christmas Day (12/25): 37.61

Fundraising link!

http://www.crowdrise.com/2012in2012forSandyRelief/

No comments:

Post a Comment