Monday, December 24, 2012

2012 in 2012: Sandy Relief Challenge - Day 38

Miles to run as of beginning of Friday, 12/14: 119.53

Miles run on 12/14: 9.54

I knew this day would be challenging because it was the day prior to my plane trip to Dallas. I usually have a five million things to do the day before a trip and this was no exception. Since I knew this to be true, I thought it would be best to run at lunchtime.

As many of you know, the tragedy in Newtown occurred on this day. Although I had a report to finish before I left, I was glued to the TV for most of the day trying to make sense of it all and piece things together via various news sources. It made as much sense to me as it did to everyone else, which is to say, none. At all. It was senseless and heartbreaking.

So, maybe, consider donating here:

https://newtown.uwwesternct.org/

And consider how fleeting life can be. For as many measures as are taken to make sure it never happens again (and I hope they are many), there will always be people in this world determined to hurt other people. The ones who make the biggest difference are those who stand up and make the right choice when it matters most. Arguably, when the right choice is the most difficult one to make.

I'll take a moment to remember the ones who died making the hardest, truest choices on this dreadful day in Newtown, Connecticut, and for those who died without the luxury of any choice.

Miles to run as of Saturday, 12/15: 109.99

No comments:

Post a Comment