Monday, December 24, 2012

2012 in 2012: Sandy Relief Challenge - Day 35

Miles to run as of beginning of Tuesday, 12/11: 133

Miles run on 12/11: 5.81

My quest to try various New York Health & Racquet clubs continued on this day. Chris met me at the one on 56 just west of 6th Avenue. I beat him there by a little, so started doing half mile repeats until he arrived. I ran 3 total miles before he got there and then we did weights for about an hour.

I would love to have stayed longer, but Tuesdays are Chupacabra Conspiracy nights. I left around 7:30 and ran to our meeting, which was a little over half a mile from the gym.

I intended to run home as well, but it was really cold and I lost my nerve. Instead, when I got home I took Phoebe for a short loop run before going out for one more on my own. I ran up from home and took a right on Delancey, turning around once I reached the 7-Eleven. As I passed the Bowery Ballroom, I saw a number of photographers and bystanders crowded around the sidewalk. It wasn't until I got closer and heard someone yell "Beyonce! Beyonce!" that I realized what was going on.

In short, I saw Beyonce leave the Bowery Ballroom, which is a pretty decent story.

Miles to run as of beginning of Wednesday, 12/12: 127.19

Fundraising link!

http://www.crowdrise.com/2012in2012forsandyrelief/

No comments:

Post a Comment