Monday, December 24, 2012

2012 in 2012: Sandy Relief Challenge - Day 42

Miles to run as of beginning of Tuesday, 12/18: 92.86

Miles run on 12/18: 8

Get this: I actually ran 6 of these 8 miles on none other than my mortal enemy, the Precor 956i. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that, but I found myself at the rec center with no functioning headphones and recognized that a solution was plugging them in next to a treadmill and running until they were done charging. I thought charging only takes about 45 minutes (and was hoping it took even less time than that) but was wrong. 3 miles turned into 4 and 4 into 5. The treadmill had already started cooling down (it has a built in time limit) by the time I realized my headphones would probably not finish charging in enough time. I called it quits at 6 miles and decided to finish a couple more after doing some strength training.

Miles to run as of beginning of Wednesday, 12/19: 84.86

Fundraising link!

http://www.crowdrise.com/2012in2012forsandyrelief/

No comments:

Post a Comment