Sunday, December 23, 2012

2012 in 2012: Sandy Relief Challenge - Day 34

Miles to run as of Monday, 12/10: 143.45

Miles run on 12/10: 10.45

I know, I know, no picture. I decided I had to forego them or risk not finishing my updates! This particular day was nice and productive and involved one lunch run and one loop.

So, this particular week was one in which Chris and I joined New York Health & Racquet (did I already mention this? I don't even remember) using the weeklong trial memberships we got after Ironman. The trial started on Friday and ended the following Friday (12/14). I was determined to try as many clubs as possible during the time I had so that I could make an informed decision about whether or not to switch.

This day, I decided to test my ability to work out during lunch at the club on 50th and Madison. It was a successful endeavor, even though I wasn't terribly impressed with the facility and also think I may have left my watch there (still need to call and inquire). Anyway, I did what was supposed to be my typical 26 minute challenge but found it way more difficult than usual. I was laboring excessively to maintain one 7:53 minute mile, even though I've begun habitually doing mile repeats at 7:13. Maybe it was just a bad day, but I was kind of hoping something was off with the treadmill. In any case, I've decided I hate the Precor 956i models. According the the treadmill, I ran 3.23 in 26 minutes. I haven't done that poorly since February!

The other run was a night time loop up to 45th and back down across 14th street. Nice and casual.

Miles to run as of Tuesday, 12/11: 133

Fundraising link!

http://www.crowdrise.com/2012in2012forsandyrelief/

No comments:

Post a Comment