Sunday, November 11, 2012

2012 in 2012: Sandy Relief Challenge - Day 4



Miles to go as of beginning of Saturday, 11/10: 346.38

Miles run on Saturday, 11/10: 15.69

I had really hoped to make this a longer run than it was, but alas. Even though I started late and didn't run as far as I'd hoped, 15 miles is not too shabby. Even better, MapMyRun claims I did it at a sub-9 minute pace, finishing in a few seconds over 2 hours and 20 minutes.Check it out:

Find more Run in New York, NY

One nice thing about longish runs is that I get to see lots of scenic parts of my favorite city. These are some pictures I took along the way.

Empire State Building from the east side

A beautiful view from the Manhattan Bridge
It was a nice run. I even ran a couple of slightly sub-8 miles along the west side because I got into a race with a middle-aged man in a Lululemon shirt. Word to the wise: Do not underestimate a dude in a Lululemon shirt. I mean, I still won our fake race, but he did not make it easy.

Miles to run as of Sunday, 11/11: 330.69

Let me know (via this blog, twitter, email, text, etc) if you ever want to join in on a day's run (or join the fundraising team). I'd love the company. Plus, the more people who are involved, the better this effort will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment