Friday, November 23, 2012

2012 in 2012: Sandy Relief Challenge - Day 14


Miles to run as of beginning of Tuesday, 11/20: 227.87

Miles run on 11/20: 3.41

So, there was another date this day too, only it was swing dancing. I'd like to point out that the only way I've been able to keep up my miles this year is by running to and from places I need to be anyway. This means I've made more efficient decisions with my time management, however it also means many, many of my miles this year have been "junk miles."

Anyway, the running I got done on Tuesday was an accomplishment, if I may say so. I had to meet my friend Michelle to give her a set of keys for Phoebe care since I planned to jet home for a quick Thanksgiving trip. But I didn't finish at work until 6:45! And I was supposed to be at the swing club by 8:30! So this is what happened:

1. Ran from work to a hardware store near Michelle's place on the Upper East Side
2. Discover hardware store had already closed
3. Wandered (half ran, half walked) around looking for somewhere else to have a spare set of keys made. Failed.
4. Cabbed it to Home Depot, as I was running out of time and knew they'd be open
5. Ran from Home Depot back to the UES to meet Michelle at her gym
6. Cabbed it to the swing club, made it by 8:31

It was a little crazy, but in the end I was able to run (not enough to hit the daily 5.5, but I had to take what I could get), get keys to Michelle, and arrive at the swing club mostly on time.

Miles to run as of beginning of Wednesday, 11/21: 224.46

Fundraising link!

No comments:

Post a Comment