Thursday, December 9, 2010

Holy Roller

I'm postponing the holiday race special for a day. This is simply a workout update. I went to the gym with Jared again today. That guy finds new and creative ways to kick my butt every time. In a good way, of course. I don't remember all the specifics of the workouts. Jared is going to send me the workout log sometime in the next few days so that I can be more specific. There's a lot of strength stuff and a surprising amount of speedwork. Today I ran a few 400s (quarter mile) at an 8.5-9.5mph pace. This is helpful, as I'm hoping to speed up. I want to run next year's Fifth Avenue Mile in under 7 minutes. After we did a few rounds of circuits (sprints included) we did a 5K on the rowing machine. And we didn't do it today, but were supposed to do another 86 flights of stairs. Apparently that comes tomorrow before the real workout starts...

The one other thing Jared showed me was how to use a foam roller! The technical term for this is "self myofascial release." No joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment