Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Not Nothing

I got into such a great routine earlier this year of going to morning running classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. They all started between 6:00 and 6:30am, got me into work by 8, and allowed me to balance a baseline amount of running with work and graduate school. Along with basketball and a weekend long run, this was as ideal a scenario as I could expect.

Early on in surgery recovery, fitting in workouts was pretty simple in that I just didn't. I could not think of a cardio workout that didn't involve legs. Now that I'm entering later stages, it's become a more pressing concern to start thinking about what my routine might look like in a few weeks to a month. I know it can't be what it was early in the year. Not yet, at least. But it has to be something because doing nothing is starting to get to me.

One thing that feels pretty good and has not been terribly restricted by the surgeon or physical therapist is walking, so on Saturday I went for a nice, long walk. Walks are probably what I have for the next month-ish, so I guess I should get used to it. The silver lining in all this is I have a NICE view on my walks.

It's something!




No comments:

Post a Comment