Monday, May 20, 2019

Brooklyn Half Blues

Less than 4 weeks after hamstring surgery, even I am smart enough to know I should not attempt something like a half marathon. So, I didn't. And it was a big bummer. My hope, though, is that if I sit out now I can run later. But like, sooner rather than later hopefully.

My wonderful friends all seemed to have killed it, so at least there's that. Look at what Morty did!

I'll see you next year, Brooklyn Half!

It's not all bad news. I got my leg brace off last Wednesday! Freedom! I'm also well into physical therapy now, which seems to be going well. I'm not doing any weight-bearing on the hamstring in question, but most day-to-day activities are very doable. the only exception so far is going up stairs, which I still have to do only with my right leg (and then I pull my left leg up to the step after). This is technically my third week of PT. Three more to go until weight bearing starts and maybe some exercise? I can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment