Thursday, May 2, 2019

Surgery summary

The surgery was initially scheduled for 12:45 and they told me to be there 2 hours early. If you've read this blog and/or if you know me at all, you will not be surprised to learn that I arrived pretty late, for which I have no excuse. I wore very comfortable clothes and brought my slip-on shoes (see below sections).

A scheduling thing happened so that everything was expedited, and as soon as I got to the hospital there was a flurry of paperwork and meeting people like the surgeon and anesthesiologist. I was attended to by a Russian nurse named Stella who had a spectacular pre-surgery comedy routine and a large male nurse named Vlad, who was "the flipper" since the anesthesia took effect while I was facing up but the surgery had to be face down.

No comments:

Post a Comment