Tuesday, July 2, 2019

I still can't run so I'm reading a lot about antitrust legislation and trying to walk 20k steps a day and starting a new raspberry pi project is that bad

For reference pay attention to Kristen Wiig's last line.

It's pretty much all in the title. I still can't run or do cardio related exercise. Could I do upper body strength? Yes. Do I want to and/or have I been doing that? No.

Even though I've been trying to fill the holes with other hobbies I enjoy, I am going mildly stir-crazy. My next follow up appointment is on July 12, though the physical therapist has given a tentative go-ahead for me to try the bike or elliptical pending the surgeon's approval.

My surgeon hasn't given a whole lot in the way of guidance, so I've been looking online for documentation that various hospitals publish. This has been helpful and also indicates I should be able to resume several activities soon.

On the bright side, I did walk the Queens 10K a few weeks ago. It was more fun than I expected, and I did meet and walk the last few miles with a man who has walked the entire New York City Marathon a couple of times. I was heartened by that.

Creepin



No comments:

Post a Comment