Saturday, January 15, 2011

Lovely Saturday

Well it's been an interesting week and I haven't spent nearly enough time training. Especially if I want to make the indoor tri championships on March 23rd! In order to achieve this, I need to improve my swim performance as much as possible. I'm not great at planning and executing swim workouts. Normally I just set myself a number of laps to complete and complete them, though I'm sure there's a more effective way to train. This will require some research. I'd also like to be able to do at least 2.5 miles in the given 20 minutes next time. That works out to an 8 minute mile and will be a challenge, but I don't think .15 miles more than last time is an unreasonable goal.

I would go into how to improve my bike, but focusing on the swim and run this time around will be plenty to do for this week, as the next tri is a week from today (and the day after a half marathon). In fact, I might really only have time to improve one of those.

Wednesday's snow run was glorious. The NYC snowstorm that took place on Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning was billed as "Snowmageddon 2" but it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be. We met at 6am at the 72nd street entrance to the park and began the run by jogging up to the reservoir. Most of the snow around the loop had either been cleared or at least mostly packed down so there was minimal slogging. Running around the reservoir, however, was a completely different story. Snow around the path came to about mid-calf for me and it was not easy. Yet challenging though it was, there's something very satisfying about running through fresh snow.

Today we had quidditch practice, which was a challenge itself. I had no idea how much of the snow lingered from Wednesday. It was a good time, though, and a solid workout was had by all.

1 comment:

  1. Its good you ran even in the snow! Champions train in all weather conditions, and are made when no one is watching.

    ReplyDelete