Friday, January 7, 2011

ESBRU - No News

Just back from a 6 miler at the gym. I've had a love/hate relationship with the treadmill since 8th grade that will probably (or hopefully) continue until the day I die. I'm currently in a love phase. Especially on Tuesdays when The Biggest Loser is on TV. Say what you will about that show, I love and exploit it for its motivational value. Also say what you will about the treadmill. Like anything else, it has its pros and cons. I myself can't do much more than 6 miles on it simply because I get bored. On the other hand, it's really good for sprints because I can control my speed and increase or decrease it gradually and predictably. I also did some assisted pull-ups using a machine kind of like this. Here's hoping I can do an unassisted one soon.

I was supposed to find out about the Empire State Building Run Up today, but no news yet. I did, however, officially sign up for the indoor triathlon that takes place this Sunday at the McBurney YMCA on 14th Street. That should be interesting. Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow about the ESBRU.

No comments:

Post a Comment