Thursday, February 17, 2011

One Streak Broken

Noooooo. My situp streak came to an unceremonious end yesterday when I went to bed having completely forgotten about it. Totally slipped my mind. I ran five miles but forgot to do my damn situps. The sad thing is I had just gotten to the point where I thought it was a streak I could keep going for a very long time. I still believe that, I just need to make sure it gets done as early as possible in order to avoid forgetting again.

So I've restarted. That's really all I can do, right? Pick back up and try again. I was able to do this via a good workout with Jared. We did the following:

50 tabata burpees
25 x 5 crunches
50 squat split jumps
50 tabata jump squats
10, 8, 6, 4, then 2 pullups (assisted, for me)

Five rounds of:
5 dumbbell deadlifts
5 dumbbell hangcleans
5 dumbbell push presses
5 dumbbell squats

It was a good workout. Then I ran home to complete my mile requirement. It's going to require some thought and planning to continue my streak over the weekend as I'm going to Cornell to perform in our comedy group's fifth anniversary show! It should be a great weekend. Maybe I'll even get to do a run along my favorite route:

No comments:

Post a Comment