Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weekend Recap

Can't ever complain about a weekend, really. This one was especially good in the weather department. On Friday it was 74-75 degrees outside and,  while I had to work for most of it, I really enjoyed my walk to lunch. And even though I didn't get to physically enjoy it as much as I would have liked to, the promise of the beautiful  weather to come was enough to put a bright spin on the whole day and weekend. Friday's run was a Phoebe loop sans Phoebe. She seems to have gotten worse on runs, so I haven't been running with her as much as I used to.

Saturday was quidditch day, as usual. We started out with a warmup run in Riverside Park from about 108th to the Dinosaur Park, which I believe is around 96th and back. Conditioning was back in full force courtesy of Jared. The first post-warmup activity was four rounds of suicides down half the quidditch field. Next came 10 minutes of circuits which consisted of the following:

-10 burpees (an exercise in which you drop to a crouch on the ground, kick both legs behind you, do a pushup, jump back into a crouch, then jump vertically off the ground)
-15 squats
-20 mountain climbers

Afterward we moved to crab walking and bear crawling up and down the field. It was the type of Jared-devised workout that I haven't had in a long time. Needless to say, I'm quite sore today. In a good way, of course. The conditioning was followed by an hour to an hour and a half of quidditch-playing, which is always a good workout and a good time.

Earlier in the week I had a comment on one of my posts from Ruben, who started a triathlon-centered social networking site called TriumphTriathlon. Head on over and sign up if you're a triathlete looking for a growing community! If you happen to be a triathlete in New York City, you can join the group TriumphTriathlon in New York City and maybe group workouts or outings could ensue.

Lastly, the NJ Ultra Festival. It took place this weekend and we were aiming to run the 50 miler. Alas, we weren't ready for it and had to postpone for later. Now it's time for me to find a few Road Runners races and a marathon for the spring.

1 comment: