Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 5

I forgot to post an update to yesterday. Both softball and basketball were victories. Actually they were routs. I think we won baseball 7-2 or something like that. We won the basketball game 41-20. Then after basketball we went out to a dive bar called Dive Bar and I didn't drink. We also came up with an idea for a bar of our own! It's going to be called the Soggy Nacho. Don't be too jealous of the business idea.

Today I was supposed to run 3 miles. My team went out for drinks after work. We were probably out until 9:15 or so. Then we parted ways and I walked the 13 blocks from 50th and Broadway to the Y. If there is one thing that frustrates me about the YMCA it is the treadmill TVs. I know the fact that I'm able to complain about such a little thing means I really have nothing to complain about, but I'm gonna anyway. So, the TV control is actually in the LCD screen on the front/top of the treadmill. It's technically a touch screen, but it's probably one of the worst touch screen implementations ever because you never know where a button actually is or how hard it needs to be pressed. It's very annoying.

So after fooling around with the screens on three different treadmills, I got fed up and decided to try my hand (legs? butt?) at biking. I did 10 miles on the exercise bike. Obviously it was an exercise bike and can't be trusted to reflect actual biking conditions, but I manged to fake-bike the 10 miles in 35 minutes. Didn't seem too bad. But now tomorrow I need to try to run 6 miles.

I decided to do the NYRR Marathon Training Run on Sunday. That means Sucky Saturday and Science-y Sunday will be switched this week. Ugh. I didn't add a fun section today for Fun Friday. My computer's running out of batteries so I'll have to skip. Maybe I'll come up with something later.

Miles Run: 0
Miles Biked: 10

Tomorrow:
Miles to Run: 3 and 3

No comments:

Post a Comment