Tuesday, March 4, 2014

New Motivation: 10 Day Challenge

Hi, folks. I don't know about you, but I am super over this weather. I would love spring to get here as quickly as possible.

One thing that has suffered a bit due to the relentless cold is my training. It's not the only problem, but it's doing me no favors. I decided to combat this by challenging myself to run 10 miles per day for 10 days. This challenge began on Saturday.

Saturday, I did a nice, big loop that I mapped out on MapMyRun. I'd show it, but it's a little too geographically explicit. It went north up to 54th Street, west to the river, south to Warren Street, and north again for a grand total of 10.54 miles. My time was nothing spectacular. In fact, it was slow-ish. I think I did it in 1:50 and change. To be fair, street runs are normally slow due to stopping for traffic. This frustration is what keeps most people I know from running on city streets. Doesn't stop me!

Sunday, I did something a little different. I ran a much smaller 5-mile loop from home to the gym, did 5 half mile repeats at about 7:12 min/mile with a half mile warmup and cooldown plus a quarter mile between each sprint for a total of 4.5 miles. I topped it off with a run home from the gym for an extra mile or so.

And tonight, I kept things simple and did another big loop. I'm not putting many restrictions on this whole thing. I just need to get back into a rhythm and be confident again about training. This may or may not do the trick, but it's made the last three days better.

Stay tuned for Day 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment