Friday, May 27, 2011

Nope, Still Busy

So I was really hoping to be able to be more attentive to this. As it turns out, business continues. The streak rolls on, however. Mostly Phoebe loops and extended Phoebe loops. For reference, an extended Phoebe loop is the normal 1.43 mile loop and then some blocks tacked on for extra distance. 20 city blocks is a mile. When I want to run a 5k, I run an extra 16 (15 plus 1 to account for the .1) to 75th and Madison. When I want to run 4-5, I run to 90th and Madison, and so on and so forth.

In other news, it's once again that time of year when I realize I'm behind on my marathon qualifiers and so sign up for a bunch of races to rectify the situation. Another contributing factor was that the NYRR Sprint Triathlon and Queens Half Marathon were close to reaching capacity. What I've signed up for so far:


ING New York City Marathon Tune-Up
Sunday, September 25, 2011 7:00 a.m.
Achilles Hope & Possibility (5M)
Sunday, June 26, 8:30 a.m. (wheelers at 8:20 a.m.)
NYRR Celebrate Israel Run Presented by JCRCNY
Sunday, June 5, 9:00 a.m.
ING New York City Marathon Long Training Run #1
Saturday, July 23, 7:00 a.m.
Queens Half Marathon
Saturday, July 30, 7:00 a.m.
ING New York City Marathon Long Training Run #2
Sunday, August 21, 7:00 a.m.
Bronx Half-Marathon
Sunday, August 28, TBD
Fifth Avenue Mile
Saturday, September 24, various starts

It's not on this list, but I also signed up for the Sprint Tri. And on Monday, I'll be doing the Memorial Day Marathon, only I'll probably do the half marathon course. This is the exact same course as the Easter Marathon, plus I expect it'll be warmer so it will probably be a tough run.

It's hot outside today. You know what that means.

IT'S RACE SEASON

No comments:

Post a Comment