Sunday, April 17, 2011

Musings

The quality of my workouts has been too sporadic recently. I really need to get started on my half Ironman training plan ASAP. Bearing that in mind, I will cover my last two streak runs. Also, earlier in the week I considered why I don't write about my runs every day. The truth of the matter is that I don't always have time! I know it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a few words and the MapMyRun map, but I still have difficulty not posting something at least somewhat thought-out and cohesive.

Since this whole streak thing began, I've gotten much better about planning what I like to call a functional commute. This simply means running somewhere I have to be anyway, where I would normally either walk or take the subway. On Friday, this happened to be a friend's apartment.



The run itself was interesting. Again, I had my backpack as we were going out afterward, but I'm getting increasingly comfortable with doing that. It wasn't so bad.

Yesterday the quidditch team went up to New Haven for a scrimmage against Yale. They were very gracious hosts and it was a really good, albeit long day. Just before we left, the weather took a turn for the worse and didn't let up, even in the city. Although I probably ran a mile while playing quidditch, I'm always a little insecure about that and how much running actually took place. For good measure, I ran home from the train station:

No comments:

Post a Comment