Thursday, June 11, 2009

A few more things...


I've come to an important decision about this marathon. I hereby declare that I will not consume alcohol between July 6 and November 1, 2009. That is the entire duration of my training program. I will go boozeless for 18 weeks, no exceptions. This will be difficult, no doubt. But I figure there are worse times in the year for it to happen. The only occasion for which I might really miss drinking is my birthday. At least it doesn't encompass New Year's Eve.

In other news, my new bike was delivered today. It required more assembly than I anticipated. I also discovered that a normal ball pump does not work on bike tires. Go figure.

On the triathlon front, the Pancake, which I had hoped would be my first triathlon, is on the very same day as the Front Runner's New York Lesbian and Gay Pride Run. If it hadn't been for the fact that I already coughed up $17 to run the race and the triathlon itself costs $85, I would have done the triathlon. To my relief, NYRR has its own triathlon . Can someone remind me to register on June 15th?

Tomorrow's Agenda: Corporate Challenge (3.5M) and 1st playoff game for Basketball. Go Tavis!

No comments:

Post a Comment