Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Change of Plans

Since early spring, I knew I wanted to race at least a couple of half distance tris in preparation for the Ironman. I did Bassman in early May and that went decently. My other two options (last weekend was, unfortunately, ruled out because of work) were the HITS triathlon at Bear Mountain coming up this weekend and the Amica Ironman 70.3 in Providence. That particular race is less convenient than the one at Bear Mountain. Plus, after meeting with Brian, I thought it conflicted with a crucial training camp he's doing the weekend of July 14th. Because of all this, I'd pretty much decided on the HITS tri.

However, I found out earlier today that the Providence half Iron is the weekend before the training camp! I can and now plan to do both! An added bonus: this is the race that I didn't finish in 2010. Two years later, you better believe I'll get my revenge.


I'm coming for you


No comments:

Post a Comment