Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Race Report: The NYRR Gridiron Classic

Funny story. In the few years I've been here and an active member of the New York Road Runners, I've always wanted to do this race because there's an associated football throw competition. Don't ask why I find this so exciting. I can't throw a football worth crap, but hey, it is what it is. At the end of last year, I signed up for this race finally intending to run it AND take part in the football throw.

Did it happen? Obviously not. I mean, the race happened and was okay, but not the football throw. I woke up too late for that and missed it. Even worse, I started the race almost twenty minutes late. Here's another mspaint creation to give you a play-by-play of the morning:


Yes. So that's a more succinct summary of what happened than I can provide in words. Plus, I'm already late for dinner (oh, the irony). It's not all bad, though. I finished with an average mile pace of 8:34.

No comments:

Post a Comment