Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Aborted Runs and Core Building

I have been trying to work on Phoebe's barking in an effort to be a better dog parent and neighbor. Unfortunately, this means that when I get more than one bark alert (from the Furbo) after I've started a run, I turn around and go back home to make sure there isn't something wrong. In one case, building management started some construction upstairs and it was probably good that I came back home, because it continued ALL DAY. In the other case, though, I was probably just being paranoid. One way or the other, a couple runs have been cut extremely short. I'm confident it's just a big puzzle and I'll keep refining my solution.

My hip has been bothering me during runs. It feels painful at the top of the hip bone, so I consulted Dr. Google, as one does. Consensus of several online forums (and this one Runner's World article) is that it could be related to a weak core. I have decided to try strengthening my core before consulting an actual doctor. Please send along all your helpful core exercises.

Finally, I signed up for the OSR 30 like a chump. It's a competitive race, but I will be lucky to finish it in 7 hours. I applied (again) to do the Empire State Building Run-Up and didn't get in, so figured I needed something else dumb to do. Please send along all your encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment