Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Strange Year So Far


I don't think I've done such a poor job of posting since I got into this blog back in 2010. It's been an interesting year, to say the least. One of the worst parts about it so far is I haven't been able to train like I normally do and it's been getting me down. My hope is that it will end soon and I'll be able to create some regularity in my workouts. Also that I'll be able to spend some time evaluating how I'm going to salvage the year.

There have been a couple of bright spots. I've PRed two times so far this year. It befuddles me a little bit and I mostly attribute both to some sort of divine grace. I ran a 1:45:31 at the New York City Half Marathon in the middle of March and a 22:53 at a 5k a few weeks ago. I'm not sure how I accomplished this.
My unofficial half marathon time

I will say that the workouts I've had tend to be more intense and directed. I think the trouble with the way I've been doing things the last couple of years is that it has been entirely too much quantity and too little quality. I'm struggling to find my own golden mean.

This is Jeremy right after we did the JFK Runway Run.

Everyone (Me, Sho, Jeremy) at the Runway Run!
At the very least, the weather is finally warm. I can FINALLY wear shorts on a regular basis both running and cavorting around the city. Maybe it's the Texan in me, but I love shorts, I love the sun and I love hot weather versus cold. Bring it on. You will not find me complaining when it's 90+ degrees outside. I'll be too busy sweating out a nice little run down the West Side Highway.



Phoebe wearing sunglasses and a bowtie. Because corgis in sunglasses and bowties.

No comments:

Post a Comment