Thursday, October 25, 2012

It's Almost Time

That's right. One of my favorite days of the year has almost arrived. I am, of course, talking about the ING New York City Marathon, which I'll be running on November 4th with my good friend Sharon, who will be coming all the way from Dallas! This will be her very first NYC Marathon, though she's done close to twenty in her career and has qualified for Boston multiple times.

Running has been good in the last couple of weeks, though I didn't get in a long run last weekend and I really should have. I think I'll be okay without it, but it's bothering me a lot. Aside from that, though, I've been able to get a few days in of 800 sprints and tempo runs. Those are the kinds of workouts I'll need to increase my overall speed.

Also, I just need to learn to start pushing harder on long runs. If I can run a half marathon at an average pace of 8:15 minutes per mile, I can probably do the same for 14 miles and beyond if I made a concerted effort to work up to it. It's just going to take some conscious trying on my part.

I also decided to do the Brooklyn Marathon (I hope it hasn't sold out because I haven't registered yet) as at least one of my sub-4 attempts. There are a couple of options after that, but I'll focus on Brooklyn for now.

Woop!

No comments:

Post a Comment