Friday, August 31, 2012

Ironman Stories

Ironman, like life’s most poignant stories, is one comprised of a thousand more. Many thousands, even. All of them collide and intersect to make one great, beautiful – if sweat-drenched and stinky – story. Much like the marathon, this event is so powerful that it creates myriad new stories, which may be the most marvelous part.


Feel free to take my words with a grain of salt. I’m well aware that life is full of staggeringly beautiful tales that don’t require expensive bikes with aerobars. But if there’s one thing I’ve learned recently, it’s that the truest experiences are the ones we feel deeply.

I finally figured out how to do this, how to best express my Ironman. Over the next few days, I’ll write about some of the stories that gave my Ironman experience its emotional truth. They’re stories of the people who helped and inspired me, and to whom I owe the most thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment